Sunday, May 17, 2009

Climbing Lessons

Yesterday James put one of his climbing ropes way up in one of our trees so that he can practice climbing and repelling. Stephen and Anne wanted to try climbing up the rope. So James showed them how and they did it! Anne tried first and went up a few feet.



Then Stephen tried and he quickly went all the way to the top!




Then Anne wanted to try again and this time she got almost all the way up! Look how high she is!

And look at the SMILE on her face!


They used a prusik knot to climb the rope. Here is a video of Stephen demonstrating.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Stephen is like his father and his mom's dad: equal to any challenge. Anne is beautiful and her hair is getting so long! I hope she never cuts it, but then, old male relatives always think like that. I'm proud of both of them for learning the climbing. Rapelling is a thing I've always wanted to try. Joseph and Miles have both done it, I think.

Rachel and Tyler said...

Wow! Way to go guys! That is quite an accomplishment - after all, I'm not sure I could do it.