Sunday, October 12, 2014

Week of Oct. 5-11

Sunday, Oct. 5 - We were invited to the Bishop's house for breakfast and to watch the first session of Conference.  The second we watched at home.  The weather was perfect so I decided to take the kids to the Arboretum to take some pictures.  James had Bishopric stuff to do so he couldn't come.  We had only been there for about 10 minutes and Spencer walked into a pond that was covered with green stuff so it didn't look like a pond to him.  I heard him go in and looked and could only see the back of his head and some of his back.  So I ran and jumped in the pond and was very surprised to find that the water came almost up to my chest!  I grabbed Spencer, climbed out, and we hurried home.  I did get one decent picture before the whole pond episode.  Sometime I'm going to have to get pictures of the rest of the kids!


Monday, Oct. 6 - Naomi and Noah had soccer games.  James and Stephen worked on the shed.  For FHE we memorized D&C 6:36 "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not."  Then we had cinnamon rolls for treat because we didn't have them for breakfast the day before.

Tuesday, Oct. 7 - We finished reading the New Testament!  Getting through Revelations was a little rough.  There were a lot of confused looks.  But we made it!  James and Stephen took more bait out to the bear bait site.  Ellen and Naomi went to Activity Days. 

Wednesday, Oct. 8 - I tried a spin class before going to my regular pilates class and liked it much more than my last spin class experience.  My legs were so sore the next couple of days though!  Annie had her Celtic dance class that afternoon.  The weather was so beautiful!  James and Stephen worked on the shed. 

Thursday, Oct. 9 - Spencer and I actually stayed home all day and didn't go anywhere!  Then the girls didn't have piano lessons because their teacher was out of town.  That night I had scouts (I have a partner now!) and James and Stephen went out to drop bait. 

Friday, Oct. 10 - Spence and I went to the gym for my yoga class then we did a little shopping.  School gets out early on Friday so the afternoons always seem nice and long and relaxed.  James and Stephen worked on the shed.  I picked more tomatoes out of our garden.  Still amazing weather!!!  I even put some on one of our pizzas for dinner that night.

 
 
Saturday, Oct. 11 - Naomi and Noah had soccer games in the morning.  So Naomi, Noah, Ellen, Spencer and I all rode our bikes to the soccer field.  While we were gone James and Stephen kept working on the new shed and Annie cleaned up breakfast then hung out with her neighborhood friends.  James and Stephen went out hunting in the afternoon.  They saw a couple of cubs and decided they were too small so didn't get anything.  But the season isn't over yet!  They got home around 7:30 and Stephen quickly cleaned up and got dressed.  He went to his first Stake Dance!  And he had a good time!!!  He even danced with a few girls!!!  He only knew two of them.  As sad as it makes me, sometimes, to think about how fast my kids are growing up, I really am enjoying them growing up and doing all these fun, neat things they get to do. 

No comments: