Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Frozen T-shirts

Sorry, I meant to elaborate a little bit about the frozen t-shirt contest. I got this idea from my wonderful Family Fun magazine. I looked around online and found plain white t-shirts for 1.79 a piece and ordered a whole bunch. Way more than I needed actually, but that's OK. Then the night before the party I got them all pretty wet, not dripping but not just damp either. Then I folded them and put them between layers of wax paper so they wouldn't stick together. The wax paper was not such a good idea though, because they stuck to the paper. I think I would try plastic wrap the next time. Any way, then I stacked them up on a cookie sheet and put them in the freezer. Not all the shirts were completely frozen by the next day. I should have spread them out a little more than I did. But I did have enough frozen shirts to give everyone a solid folded t-shirt. After they were all done prying their shirts and putting them on, they hung them up on the fence to dry, then towards the end of the party they decorated them with fabric paint in spray bottles. Then the shirt was their party favor to take home. It was really interesting to see how different kids reacted to the frozen shirt. Some just kept slowly working at it, but some got frustrated and just let it sit for a while to thaw. Overall I think it was a good time.

2 comments:

Humphries said...

That is such a cute idea. I'm glad all the kids enjoyed it.

Autumn said...

I loved your idea, Aimee! Wish I had been there, it sounded like such a great time!