Tuesday, October 27, 2009

No Imagination???

Mornings are kind of hard for Ellen sometimes. She just can't wait for school!!! The other day I had just sent Stephen and Annie out the door and was finally eating my own breakfast, when Ellen came and sat down next to me.

Ellen: "What can I do, Mom? I don't have any imagination!"

Me: "What do you mean?"

Ellen: "All I can imagine is a bird, an owl, a kangaroo, a squirrel, a fish, a dog, a hippo, and a rabbit." She sat and thought for about 3 seconds, then jumped up and said, "And a crocodile!"

She ran (crawled) off pretending to be a crocodile eating up every animal she could think of. With a little help from Naomi.

8 comments:

Chaney said...

For having no imagination I'd say she did a pretty good job coming up with animals!
We sure do miss you guys!

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

That's too cute!

Hannah said...

Ohh- I miss you guys. I can't believe Ellen is big enough to use words like "imagination."

Jim said...

Every time I read your blog posts and look at your photos, I have a longing to visit with all of you. It pains me that your kids don't know me. I can feel from several hundred miles away that Naomi needs to be squeezed and that it's my job to do it, but it isn't getting done!
Uncle Jim

nanajohanna said...

What a funny thing for Ellen to say. I guess she's not aware of how imaginative she and all her siblings are. They watch very little TV, they read alot, they play games and explore outside. All of them are so bright and, yes, imaginative. You and James are doing a great job. So proud!

nanajohanna said...

They'll never be bored, and can thank you for that.

Autumn said...

What a darling thing for her to say! I hope you will tell this one to Gran and Grandaddy. I bet they'd get a real kick out of that.

And Chica, if that's Ellen's version of NO imagination, the future will surely be bright for her!

Susan said...

I had so much fun at your house last night that I just had to your blog fast this morning! It is so cute! Feel free to look at mine!!! www.littlelynchfam.blogspot.com
Thanks for inviting us over!!