Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sand Dunes

Quick note to explain a little more about Ellen's arm. She and a few of her cousins were all jumping on the trampoline together at James' parents house. They were having a great time when all of a sudden Ellen and Samuel (Stuart and Chaney's 2nd child) collided. It was actually Ellen's arm and Samuel's head. Samuel ended up with a big bump on his head.

The kids and I went to the Sand Dunes on Monday and had fun. It had rained early that morning so the sand was nice and wet and cool just under the top layer. After we had been there for about an hour, it started to get a little windy so we decided to leave. I'm glad we did because it just kept getting windier. We did have a very nice time as you can see in the pictures.




3 comments:

Lynsey said...

Glad to see everyone havin fun. I was hpoing to take Joseph up there when we come, maybe we can twist your arm into going again. :)

Jim said...

This brings to mind an experience. After my mission I was dating a girl whose young adult group was going tubing at the Sand Dunes. They put 8 of us on a big tractor inner tube. Someone arranged us: three on the bottom, three more across them, and finally my girlfriend and I on top, crossways to the three in the middle. We were supposed to hold onto each other and to someone in the bottom layer so we'd all stay together. The slide was a particularly long one and one which had been used a lot. In fact, it had been used so much that it was basically just ice, especially at the bottom where it became a kind of launch ramp. We gathered an alarming amount of speed going down. When we hit the launch ramp, my friend and I lost our hold on the hands from the bottom layer and flew a long ways through the air. But I still had my right arm around her neck. Firmly. So when we hit the ground, I dragged her face through the snow at about 40 mph. My apologies were sincere, but I still laugh about it to this day.

Ken and Kelly said...

Ok your kids are just WAY too cute for their own good!!!!