Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sprinkles anyone?


We went grocery shopping yesterday and I bought that little bottle of rainbow sprinkles you see above. "So why is it empty?" you might ask. Well, somehow, it did not get put away with all the other groceries. This morning I was busy folding some laundry downstairs and when I came back upstairs there was Ellen and Noah playing nicely but no Naomi. I quickly checked down the hallway to the girls room and saw that their door was closed, which it never is, and it was quiet...too quiet. I opened the door and there sat Naomi in the middle of her floor with this empty bottle next to her and sprinkles all over the floor, the carpeted floor! Not the entire bottle, because she had actually eaten most of them, but it doesn't take very many sprinkles to make a mess. She knew she was in trouble, but I just couldn't be mad at her. It is her birthday and what 3 year old can resist a bottle full of sprinkles? I did have her go get the little vacuum and clean up the floor, and she did a pretty good job. Oh, Naomi! What will you come up with next?

4 comments:

Heidi said...

That is the best story I have heard in a long time! I wish I could have seen it. I must say that Naomi is sort of entitled to a bottle of sprinkles on her Birthday. Happy Birthday Naomi!!! I love you sooooo much!!! I hope you have a great day and enjoy being 3!!!

Matt and Melinda Bailey said...

Happy Birthday Naomi, we can't believe that you are 3 already! We love you so much!

Chaney said...

Happy Birthday Naomi! And Aimee, it could have been worse. I agree, it's hard to be mad when they are so darn cute (and the mess doesn't stain!)

We love you all!

Jocie said...

I can't believe you didn't get a picture of Naomi in the middle of the whole thing. I would have loved to see that. But I can definitely picture it in my mind. Priceless!