Monday, March 2, 2009

Busy Week

Last week was just crazy! I'm not quite sure how it happened. It seemed like there was something going on every day and night. It was so nice when Sunday came and all we had to do was go to church! Here are a few highlights (this is not everything we did):

  • I got to go to bookclub on Tuesday.
  • Stephen spent all day Wednesday on the UofI campus for the Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival. His band got second place in their age group!
  • We all went to the Blue and Gold Banquet on Thursday night and Annie pulled out a tooth right in the middle of dinner.
  • On Friday Stephen and Annie had Bookabunga Day at school which meant they got to bring some of their favorite books from home and read all day. The school does this every year to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday. Then right after school Stephen went to a "lateover" (almost like a sleepover, but they come home after the movie instead of staying up ALL night.) for his friend's birthday. Stephen got home about 9:45. Annie left at 7:30 that night to go to the big Jazz Festival Concert with her friend Samantha. They got to hear The Monty Alexander Trio and Bobby McFerrin. She had a good time, but didn't get home until 11:45. It was my first experience "waiting up" for one of my children and I have to say that although I was sleepy I really enjoyed being able to spend some time with just Annie when she got home. We talked about way more than just the concert!
  • On Saturday James had to work for a little while, but was done by noon so he and Stephen went ice fishing and caught 11 fish. They made a great Sunday dinner. Also on Saturday Anne pulled out yet another tooth! She has 5 empty spaces right now and can hardly eat anything.

This week is looking much calmer! I'm so excited!

2 comments:

Humphries said...

Wow just reading about your week makes me tired. Congratualtions to Stephen's band. It's nice to hear that Anne had fun at the concert.

Heidi said...

I love the part about you and Annie talking about way more than the concert. I am sure it is the rifst of many late night conversations you will have with her. And that is so cool that James and Stephen went fishing together and caught so many fish. Congrats. I love reading about your family. I love you guys and an't wait to spend time with you next week.