Thursday, April 16, 2009

Naomi's Favorite Sandwich

About a month ago I was making lunch for the at home kids (PB&J) when Naomi came into the kitchen to see what I was doing. When she saw what I was making she asked if she could have cheese on her sandwich. I asked if she wanted a plain cheese sandwich and she said "No. I want cheese and peanut butter." The cheese was not out, so I don't know where she got this idea. I asked about three times if she was really sure and she kept saying "Yes, cheese and peanut butter." So I decided I could let her try one cheese and peanut butter sandwich and then she probably wouldn't ever want another one. I was wrong! She keeps asking for them. Almost every time we have peanut butter sandwiches, she asks for cheese on hers. Maybe I'm missing out on something, but I haven't got up the nerve to try it myself.

7 comments:

Hannah said...

Umm, I am not sure that I would ever have the nerve to try it either. But maybe I will make Orion a peanut butter and cheese sandwhich and see what he thinks.

Julia said...

This is just too funny! Jeff made a peanut butter, honey and cheese sandwich to take to the hospital with him when I was in labor with Tess. He ate it right about the point when I needed him most. Then when I was in obvious pain he got right up in my face and asked me if he could do anything for me. I just touched his face and turned it away from he me. He said, "Do I have bad breath or something?" I've NEVER been able to even think about a bite of such a sandwich since... Tess is now 25 years old. :>)

Autumn said...

Woah, Well that's certainly interesting! Do you think she perhaps had it at a friend's house around the same time? Or maybe she is going to be an amazing chef when she grows up! Maybe she is like Remy the Rat in Ratatoiulle (sp?). Have you seen that, where the little rat loves to mix flavors so much? She may just be ahead of the curve and gifted. Many great artists' art is not appreciated until a later time...:)I think you've got a real talented little lady there, Aimee, I really do.

Rachel and Tyler said...

Tyler and I have a friend from our Oklahoma days who loved cheese and peanut butter. Being one who was always ridiculed by people for enjoying dill pickles and peanut butter (don't knock it 'til you've tried it!) I decided to reserve judgement until I had tried it. You know, give Rex the benefit of the doubt. It wasn't HORRIBLE, but it did lack a certain...je n'est cest qoi? I wouldn't recommend it, but at least I can say that I've tried it! Love ya!

Chaney said...

Interesting, but then again my dad always ate peanut butter, onion and pickle sandwiches. Just the thought of it is a little sickening.
Way to go Naomi knowing what you want! I'm impressed that she's been so insistent. Not many kids are that sure of what they want. Maybe it'll continue to be a trend in her life!
I give brownie points to Rachel for actually trying it! I'm not sure I'll try it...then again what would it hurt?

Jim said...

When a person is as cute as your kids are, they don't have to be rational all the time. People just automatically want to please them. That will probably be a life-long circumstance for Naomi, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I wouldn't eat it. But I wouldn't worry about it.

Uncle Jim

Jacquie said...

That's hilarious! I'm not too sure if I'd be so brave to try it myself...