Friday, April 10, 2009

This Week

On Tuesday Noah fell down the last 4 steps of our stairs. After he took a nap and was still crying and not using his left arm (and a quick call to Mom) I took him to the quick care office. They said it was his elbow and that it might be broken. So they took x-rays but couldn't see anything on the x-ray because his elbow is still mostly just cartilage. They put his arm in a splint which immediately made him happy. Then the dr. took the splint back off to see if Noah had something called a nursemaid elbow which is basically just a slightly dislocated elbow and is quite common in small children. She tried to pop Noah's elbow back into place, but couldn't feel anything happen and Noah was still quite upset without the splint, so she put the splint back on and set up an appointment for Noah to see an orthopedic dr. She did tell me to try taking the splint off the next day and see if maybe it really was a nursemaid elbow. So on Wednesday, I took of the splint and Noah was happy and using his arm and playing like normal. He's just fine! What a relief that was!


We also were able to have Heidi, Kevin, Luke, and Shelby come visit us this week. We had a great time. The kids finally got to know each other and had a good time playing. Noah loved Aunt Heidi and playing and laughing with her, and Shelby let me hold her and kiss her and squeeze her.








4 comments:

Hannah said...

umm, you forgot to post a picture of your new hair cut! Did you do anything different or keep the same style you got last time?
I am glad that Noah is ok though, and that you got to spend time with Heidi. Yea for family!

Jim said...

Yo, Noah!

I'm glad the damage was slight and temporary to your elbow, man. You need two good elbows to get all the critters loaded on the boat, you know.

Good pictures of your kids and Heidi's. That Luke is a dangerously good looking kid, isn't he?

Uncle Jim

Heidi said...

I had so much fun Aimee!! Thank you so much for letting us stay with you. I am so glad that Noah's arm is not broken. That would be so sad. I love that little boy so much. I really fell hard for him while I was there. I love all of these pictures and I have some on my camera that I will be posting soon. Love you Aimee, you are the best!

Autumn said...

Oh my goodness, I am so relieved there was nothing more serious wrong with Noah. Poor baby.

It looks like good old fashioned cousin fun was happening at your guys' place! How cool is that?! I'm glad you guys got in a good visit--the first of many to come!!!