Friday, June 26, 2009

Ellen is 5!

Happy Birthday Ellen!




As you can see, Ellen requested a Barbie cake. I've made a couple in the past always using round cakes stacked in layers. I wanted it to be a little easier this time so I thought I would just bake two cakes in a couple of my metal mixing bowls. I checked with my mom to see what she thought and it sounded good to her. She also had a super suggestion for me. She said that I should put a paper towel roll in the center. That would help it bake faster plus it would leave a hole in the middle and I wouldn't have to dig it out later to put the Barbie in. It worked great! A little batter did come up into the paper towel rolls while the cake baked but it pulled right out with the roll. It definitely saved me time and stress! Thanks Mom!!!



5 comments:

Mark and Julie Mobley said...

the cake looks yummy!ummmm..."Maligayang Kaarawan Ellen"
(Happy Birthday)

nanajohanna said...

Happy Birthday sweetie!I really like how your cake turned out. Hope you had a great day.

Lynsey said...

Happy Birthday Ellen! That is such a cool Barbie cake. Love ya

Rachel and Tyler said...

I'll have to file that little tip away. Katherine has informed me that she wants another Barbie cake this year. Of course, she changes her mind every other week, and her birthday is still 6 months away, so we'll see. Did Ellen have fun with her bubbles??

Jim said...

Happy birthday, sweet Ellen! I hope you and your siblings are happy and safe at all times.

Uncle Jim