Wednesday, January 14, 2009

CTR 5

Ellen was so excited to start CTR 5 this year. She received her very own CTR ring on Sunday and hasn't lost it yet. Hooray! And she has told me quite a few times that if I ever don't know what to do I can just look at her ring and remember to choose the right. She is also getting to be very good at saying prayers. Her prayers are even a little long at times, and very thoughtful. This morning at breakfast she included a good line that I have to share. "Please bless the food that it will nourish our bodies and strengthen our testimonies." It made me smile!
just a side note: James came home last night with a brand new monitor. Oh, I love the color green! Life just isn't the same without it.

9 comments:

Chaney said...

Yea Ellen! Our kids can't wait until their hands are big enough for the CTR rings that don't adjust as theirs always break (before they loose them).
We Love you Ellen!!

Heidi said...

That is so sweet. She is growing up so fast Aimee. I just love Ellen. I can't wait to be living closer to you guys so I can know her and all of your kids better, and you mine. I love you guys so much.

Janie said...

I can't get over how pretty Ellen is. What a sweetheart, too. "Nourish our bodies and strengthen our testimonies". That is my new favorite quote. Thanks for sharing!

Autumn said...

Little does she know that all you have to do is look at any of your kids to know what to do...What a sweetheart. I am proud she is so vocal about wanting to help others do what is right. Good kid!!

Jane's right, she really is a lovely little girl. And speaking of Jane, I was just thinking as I looked at Ellen's picture that there is a very strong resemblance to our Janie. Two pretty girls!!

Rachel and Tyler said...

From Small and Simple things...Don't you think that we should be praying to have our testimonies strengthened a little more often? Love you!!

Jocie said...

I'm going to share Ellen's wisdom with my CTR 8's. They'll love it. Ellen, you're such a pretty girl.

nanajohanna said...

Oh Ellen you look so grown up and beautiful. I miss you sooo much! I'm so happy you have a CTR ring. Love you, Nana

Jim said...

Clearly, I need to get up to Latah County and its environs more often. There are children up there who need to be picked up and squeezed!

So, James. This monitor. Is that the ancient computer kind or the modern, meat-eating lizard kind?

Jim said...

Clearly, I need to get up to Latah County and its environs more often. There are children up there who need to be picked up and squeezed!

So, James. This monitor. Is that the ancient computer kind or the modern, meat-eating lizard kind?