Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Beginnings

Wordfull Wednesday from Chocolate on my Cranium is here again, and the topic for today is new beginnings. What I am posting about today may seem like a silly kind of new beginning to some, but to me it really is a big deal.





This picture of me was taken yesterday morning.




See the hair? I'm almost afraid to admit this, but it's the same hair style I've had since I was 12. Sometimes I would cut it a little shorter, shoulder length or even chin length a couple of times, but it was still the same thing and I always did the same things with it. Here comes my new beginning. Yesterday afternoon I went and got my hair cut.







Don't worry it's nothing too drastic...

















Shorter, layered, different. I like it.

It turned out a lot like my sister Heidi's hair, and maybe like my other sister Dixie's, I haven't seen hers yet. (I hope you two don't mind.) It's just a little more stylish than my old hair and I feel much less frumpy, which is part of my new beginning. I have lots of things I want to do in this new year. Some of them I already know won't happen. There just isn't time. Or as my very wise mama tells me, it just isn't the right time. Some things though, like changing my hair, I can handle. I do have one complaint about my short new do: my neck is FREEZING! I think I need a scarf!

17 comments:

Montserrat said...

The hew do looks great! I think it makes you look younger. It's always scary to try new hair-dos for me, which is probably why I have the same one since I was 13. ☺

Mark and Julie Mobley said...

I like your hair aimee, you look more prettier and younger.

CK Rock said...

I love it! So cute!

Be sure to tell James that short hair makes for easy neck access. Very kissable.

Jules said...

I love it aimee! I think a new hairstyle is the perfect way to usher in a year full of new beginnings.

Janie said...

You are adorable no matter what! But I like the cut. Very chic. It's scary trying new things. But you are very brave. Love you so much!

sweet pea dee said...

I Love it!!!! It makes me want to cut my hair. It is cute.

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

I love your haircut. I for one am partial to shorter hair but I especially love it on you. I sure do look up to you Aimee and enjoy reading your words of wisdom!

Humphries said...

I love the new look, it looks so good on you. Maybe you and I can both be brave together, Ben is always trying to get me to do new things and I am to much of a scardy cat to do them.

kjha said...

I don't know you personally but I think your hair is darling. I have tried for YEARS!!! to get mine to do that without success. Good job!

Autumn said...

Wow! What a transformation! You look like an adult now--hee hee hee! I think you should also play around with flipping the ends out. So many cutie patootie possibilities! Keep us posted and keep the pictures of YOU coming. We like to see you often, too, you know!!

P.S. When do you plan to start AGING?! Is that next? I swear you haven't changed since high school in your face either! That's a good thing though, right? :)

nanajohanna said...

Oh Sweetie, I love it! I'll bet James and the kids think you look beautiful too.

Cortney said...

I love it! It looks so cute! Congrats on being brave and trying something new.

LoraBelieves said...

New hair always makes me feel fresh and well...new. Mine goes from short layered to long layered every year. I do my annual hair cut and then it grows out again. I totally know the cold neck thing, LOL. :)

Shannon said...

Great cut!

I went shorter last year and I'm liking it. It's a lot easier to take care of.

Heidi said...

I think you look so beautiful Aimee. And I like CK Rock's comment.LOL, whoever that is.

Sara said...

The new haircut is wonderful. Makes you look younger and fresher! I know what you mean about a scarf - I chopped hair short last week and my neck has been cold every since!

Jim said...

Let me start by admitting that you look great with the new haircut, Aimee. All the positive comments made thus far by others are pure truth. But still I miss you. It'll take a while to get used to it. Cute, yes. But is it Aimee? I suppose so, but I'm a guy and an old one at that, so it takes my heart a while to adjust to the new appearance of things - and people - I love. Your'e always a doll in my book, Aimee. BTW, I'm loving the music on your blog. It doesn't get much better than Hotel California.
Love,

Uncle Jim