Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Band Christmas Concert

Last night we were able to attend Stephen's band concert. Again I was impressed at the skills of 3rd-6th graders. The girls all enjoyed the fun music and danced around here and there. Noah thought the clapping was wonderful. He has just recently discovered clapping. After the first number when the whole audience started clapping, Noah looked around almost in disbelief. He seemed to be thrilled that so many people could clap at one time and make so much noise.

The band was quite crowded on the stage, and did not have nearly enough chairs for everyone. Also we really could not see Stephen most of the time. Every now and then we caught a glimpse. The older kids are the better players and so they are in the front. Unfortunately they are also the taller players so you really can't see anyone behind them. I did record part of Jingle Bells, which was Stephen's favorite to play. I apologize in advance for the shaky and very fuzzy video. I was standing in the back with Noah who had been quite still until I pulled out the camera. Should have known better. If nothing else you can close your eyes and enjoy the music.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

WOW I too am impressed at how good they sounded!! Yea for Stephen!!

Autumn said...

That was wonderful and I think Stephen did such a great job. I will be singing "Jingle Bells" for the rest of the day. Yay!

Jim said...

I had no idea that Stephen and the gang had worked their way up to a jazz beat. Most impressive for folks of such tender years. I hope that Stephen, his impossibly cute siblings, and his most worthy parents have a joyful, tuneful,and merry Christmas and a 2009 of amazing happiness.

Uncle Jim